Is your Legal House in Order™?Legal Risks cannot be completely eliminated. However, with proper preparation you can substantially reduce your legal risks. John P. Thielman, Esq. works with clients to determine their Legal Risk Score™. He conducts a top to bottom evaluation of your household to assess how prepared you are to avoid or manage life’s legal risks.
- Is your financial house in order? Financial Risks are the leading cause of Bankruptcy and Divorce. A strong, secure financial foundation is the key to a legally secure household.
- Do you have up-to-date legal documents? Will – Who gets your assets when you die? – a will is also used to establish trusts and guardians for your minor children. Without a Will – the State could decide who received your assets.
- Advance Directive for Health Care (living will) – who will pull your plug if you are in a vegetative state?
- Power of Attorney – someone to act for you if you are incapacitated
- Emergency plan for your minor children – who will take care of your children in the event of an emergency? Without a plan the state may take them in to custody.
- Are you properly insured?
- Enough to cover your assets?
- If you die?
- If you are disabled?
- If you get seriously ill?
- How lawsuit proof is your home and your life?
If you would like an estimate on how legally secure your household is at this time I invite you to download the Legal Risk Score™ Worksheet.Download the Legal Risk Score™ Worksheet
This Legal Risk Score exercise provides an illustration and general overview of your situation. It was completed by you without the guidance of an experienced attorney and does not represent specific legal advice or recommendations. The questions above are a sample of the types of questions that will be asked when determining your Legal Risk Score™ and are therefore not a complete representation of your legal risks. Each situation is different, and I suggest you seek the advice and recommendation of an attorney in your state to review your specific circumstances. Any information obtained through this web-site or exercise does not form a lawyer/client Relationship. No communication via my website, this exercise, voicemail or any other online property does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and John P. Thielman or Thielman Law, LLC. Accordingly, please do not send me any information about any legal matter that may involve you unless we have agreed that I will be your lawyer and represent your interests and you have received verification from me in writing to that effect. A lawyer/client relationship shall only be formed upon entering into an attorney/client fee agreement and only after meeting with a lawyer. No representation will be commenced by sending email. The firm and associated attorneys do not solicit new clients in any jurisdiction where the firm does not have a member of the firm licensed to engage in the practice of law. A choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. I invite you to contact me and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to me until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.